Sunday, February 1, 2009

So I just spoke to Andy this evening and he told me he created this Blog so we could post some memories here about growing up on "The Ranch" back in San Martin. Way to go Andy!
One thing I was thinking about tonight, while watching The Super Bowl, was how Matt always liked to root for the opposite team as the rest of the Family. Being the first Sunday of the month Angie and I hosted a family Dinner here at our house, our own lil' Super Bowl party. Mom and I were downstairs watching the game when Matt got here, he walked in asked "Who are you cheering for? I responded "Cards!" So Matt yells "Lets Go Steelers!" And that is how I remember watching football games at home. Matt was always cheering for the opposite team as everyone else. I gotta say it does make the game more fun when there is a little rivalry going on. By the way I thought the 4th quarter was awesome, edge of the couch, Matt and I yelling back and forth at each other. Ahhh! Brought back some good memories.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Chuck. I had totally forgotten about that. That is one of the reasons that I wanted to do this was to help me remember stories like these. I have been telling stories to my kids and that is helping too.
    (opps I had left the message from Liz's account and deleted it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we wanted to play soccer or football in the pasture at the hale ranch it was a challenge to divid into teams because there weren't any neighbor kids. Often it was John, Andy and Matt on one team against Ed, Chuck, Jay and Sam. If one brother quit it ended the game. I remember a time Jay was tackled too hard and was bruised and bleeding from hitting a rock hidden in the grass. He was crying and wanting to go home so we 'restrained him' from leaving the pasture. Ed tried to get him to laugh by telling him jokes and making silly faces. At first Jay would just get frustrated and growl but then as Ed was dancing around being silly and saying goofy things Jay slipped out a smile between the tears. Jay would pout some more than start giggling before long we were all laughing and Jay was laughing and wiping away his tears.
    Good Times

    ReplyDelete